Gun owners in Virginia have a chance to be heard and the Virginia Citizen’s Defense League (VCDL) urges it’s members and all firearms owners to contact their state delegate about a series of gun bills going up for a subcommittee vote later TODAY. They sent the message out late last night on their VA-ALERT system.
The VCDL makes it easy to send a pre-written message to your delegate and will even direct it the appropriate delegate based on your address.
There is even a slate of pro-gun bills of which gun owners should speak out in support.
Those bills are:
- HB 35, Clark, expands the firearm safety devices which qualify for a tax credit
- HB 945, Lopez, expands the firearm safety devices which qualify for a tax credit
- HB 1230, Zehr, allows approved school board employees with training to carry on school property
- HB 1235, Zehr, turns a protective order into a temporary concealed handgun permit
- HB 1321, Wyatt, allows off-duty law-enforcement to carry in state agency buildings and offices. A good start, but CHP holders should be allowed the same option
- HB 1325, Taylot, removes an unneeded, outdated requirement for a weekly gun-sales report to the Virginia State Police
To send a message now, click here.
Are you part of a state gun organization fighting to preserve your rights in your state? While we track a number of them, let us know when you have important news and we’d love to share it with our readers.
You can send that news to [email protected].
Read the full article here