A family member confirmed to Fox News Digital that preliminary toxicology results have been released for the three Kansas City men who were found dead in the snow two days after a game day gathering.
Family members of David Harrington, Clayton McGeeney and Ricky Johnson told FOX 4 that they learned police had received the report. Harrington’s father confirmed the release to Fox News Digital on Thursday night.
“There have been no additional details of this case or reports revealed to any media, nor are there any plans to at this time,” Kansas City Police Department Captain Jacob Becchina told Fox News Digital on Thursday evening. “The case remains an ongoing death investigation. Both KCPD Detectives and the Platte County Prosecutors Office have been in touch with the deceased men’s families and remain in contact with them as the investigation unfolds.”
“Any records associated with the case, to include any toxicology reports or Medical examiner reports would remain a closed record at this time until the investigation is concluded,” Becchina said.
VIDEO SHOWS KANSAS CITY CHIEFS WATCH PARTY HOST HANDCUFFED AFTER FRIENDS’ BODIES FOUND
The toxicology report will determine if any substances, including alcohol and drugs, were found in the three men’s systems at the time of their deaths.
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS FANS DEATHS: JORDAN WILLIS CHECKS INTO REHAB AS FAMILIES AWAIT TOXICOLOGY RESULTS
Forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden told Fox News Digital that the information was likely leaked to the families from a police or justice department source, and that it is typical for family to be notified of toxicology results before they are released to the public.
However, the presence of these drugs in the men’s systems doesn’t mean that they caused their deaths, he said.
CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP
“The question now is whether they died of an overdose or hypothermia – you can’t tell from the [released information] what the units are,” Baden said on Thursday evening. “It indicates they took the drugs [and] indicates that they didn’t die of just being in the snow – they [likely] died after taking drugs and a low level of drugs that makes them high, one normally sleeps off.”
Read the full article here